Sunday, December 30, 2007

Miller Family Christmas Party

Each year the Miller extended family has a Christmas Party. Most of the time it is at our house but after last year we figured out the we had outgrown everyone's house. So we me kicking and screaming we had it at a church. It was actually not to bad. There was not the hominess that I like but there was plenty of room and a lot less stress for me. I think there was more for Kathleen because she had to set up the church. I had all Kay's siblings and mom bring soup. Tara and I brought rolls and then we had all the grown grandkids bring a special christmas treat. This worked out really well, we had quite a nice assortment of goodies. Greg even brought homemade eggnog. I was a little nervous about that because I had only had homemade eggnog once before and it was nasty, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted Gregs. It was delicious. After dinner we had a talent show. It was interesting and diverse. Kathleens family did the nativity, we sang Silent Night, Martha's family played a couple of games, Nyles family did an undescribable show of their knowledge of Spanish and Laura read a beautiful Christmas story. After the talent show Santa arrived with presents for all the grandchildren. They all got to sit on Santas lap from newborn to 18 years old. Buddy took pictures which will be posted later. Santa got a little enthusiastic with Morgan who had just had hernia surgery which caused Morgan to spend the rest of the party in severe pain on the couch. Santa is very sorry. The night was a huge success and I was glad when it was all over. A sad note to the night. On the way home from the party I received news that my step brother Scott had died that day very unexpectedly. He is my age which means he still had lots of life to go. We know he is in a better place but has left a hole in the hearts of those who loved him.

My Invitation to the Christmas Party.

Our family singing Silent Night. Tara was at the piano so she was not shown in the picture.




1 comments:

Grandma O said...

what great family pictures! sorry tyler wasn't feeling well enough to smile. wish we could have been there,too. how am i doing with hunt and peck? love you, grandma o