Sunday, October 14, 2007

Crepes

So in my family we have what I thought was "a family favorite",which is crepes. It seemed that everytime I made them all were happy and I would always have to make more. I have fed crepes to wrestling teams, volleyball teams and it seems any special occasion they would be the request. I found out a few months ago that Kay is not a big crepe fan. For years I did not know this. Then today came another shocker. Tara called me just before it was time to come over. She asked me what we were having for dinner. I very excitingly told her crepes ( you see I thought this would be a special surprise). I expected her to shout with glee but instead there was a strange quietness. "Aren't you excited about crepes" I asked. More silence. "Helloooo". Tara then replied, "there is no good way to answer that question". I was stunned. "Don't you like crepes." "They are not something I would ask for." I felt it go straight to my heart. First of all Nicholas and Jackie had decided not to come for dinner and I knew that was one of Nicholas's favorite and now there was Tara who after all these years is just now informing me that she doesn't like them either. I tried really hard not to take it personally. After some healing time I decided to make her and Kay spaghetti. It was the best I could do last minute. So on my Sunday dinner table tonight was crepes and all the fixins', orange juice, and spaghetti. Thank goodness for the boys. They loved the crepes.






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Kris,
So are you ABSOLUTELY sure Nicholas likes Crepes - or for that matter, ALL the boys. Don't answer unless you want to incriminate yourself.

By the way, your little brother Kenny LOVES Crepes, and I guarantee THAT. He even had his own Crepe pan. Love, Jessie