Thursday, May 22, 2008

KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS

What's a "Krispy Kreme?"
When people talk about a Krispy Kreme doughnut, they're usually referring to our signature treat: the Original Glazed. Made from a recipe dating back to the 1930s, our Original Glazed doughnuts have helped set us apart. And if you haven't had an Original Glazed HOT off the line, you need to try one!

So you are probably wondering why I have this on my blog. Well you wouldn't have to ask if you have ever had one of these doughnuts. I discovered them a few years ago when they opened a Krispie Kreme store in Tempe. We would drive there special just to get the doughnuts. Then something glorious happened and they opened one just ten minutes from our house. Well a couple of years ago all of the Krispie Kreme stores in Arizona closed. I can't even tell you how bad that hurt my heart. Especially during the holiday seasons when they have their pumpkin doughnuts. Well the most marvelous thing happened. On May 13th 2008 the Krispie Kreme store by us once again opened it's doors. I went there the other day and their were 30 cars in line for the drive through. I guess I'm not the only fan.

4 comments:

Fred and Meili said...

I READ YOUR BLOG!! Keep posting. Sorry I don't always comment but I love the updates. Strider was at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts they day it opened! He is really excited they are back!

Miller Family said...

Krispy Kreme is amazing! I LOVE the pumpkin spice doughnuts and asked the man at the couter when these seasonal treats would return. He laughed at me. I swear I could eat a dozen by myself!!

Nathan & Cherish said...

Oh I hope things get better! I'm glad he is healing! And no surgery! That is good! I also read ... just about once every few weeks ... you remember school don't you :)! And Nate and I bought 4 dozen boxes the first week it opened! We have a buy a dozen get a dozen free ... so why not!

Will and Julie said...

Each year the first friday in June Krispy Kreme gives out free dounuts. Today is the day! So enjoy.